The Private Medical Practice Dolores was founded in 1995 in Skopje by Elica Popovic MD, a specialist in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and at the time was the first of its kind.
Elica Popovic MD completed her studies in Physical medicine and rehabilitation and specialized at the Ss Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje under the mentorship of the renowned surgeon Ljupco Serafimov MD. As a young specialist in physical medicine, Elica Popovic MD got trained in laser therapy at the Medical University in Sofia and became one of the pioneers who implemented it in Macedonia alongside prof. Trojacanec.
Also, Elica Popovic MD passed courses in acupuncture and combined traditional and contemporary medicine in Dolores.
Biljana Popovic MD, specialized in physical medicine and started working at Dolores in 2010 where she learned the tricks of the trade under the mentorship of Elica Popovic in order to maintain the quality and the tradition of the practice.
Biljana Popovic MD has led Dolores since 2012 and we keep up with the latest innovations in our field which enables us to provide premium medical services for our patients.
Since its foundation and to date, Dolores has collaborated with the Health Insurance Fund of Macedonia and we have helped numerous patients.
Biljana Popovic MD graduated from the Faculty of Medicine at the Ss Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje in 2007. Following the graduation, she specialized in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation in 2013.
She regularly attends conferences and congresses on the topic of physical medicine, orthopedics and traumatology, sports medicine, neurology, rheumatology etc.
Some of them include:
· September 2012, Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina – 4th Congress of Physiatrists of Bosnia and Herzegovina with international participation
· November 2013, Sandanski, Bulgaria - 7th Bulgarian Congress of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation with international participation.
· April 2013, Igalo, Montenegro – 3rd Congress of the Association of Physiatrists of Montenegro with international participation.
· September 2014, Ohrid, Macedonia - Congress of Physiatrists of Macedonia with international participation.
· September 2015, Cetinje, Montenegro – 4th Congress of the Association of Physiatrists of Montenegro with international participation.
Trainings for ECHO diagnostics:
· 2012 in Skopje, University Clinic of Radiotherapy, Macedonia – ECHO-TOMOGRAPHIC EXAMINATION of abdomen and soft tissue, between 26 April 2012 and 25 May 2012.
· 2015 in Belgrade, Serbia, Polyclinic Antamedica – A basic training in Osteoarticular and Musculoskeletal ultrasound between 24 September 2015 and 29 October 2015.
· 2018 in ISPRM, Paris, France- 12th World Congress of the International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine, between 08.07.2018 до 12.07.2018
It is our wish and moral obligation to use our experience and make our patients’ everyday lives easier.