Electrotherapy implies therapeutic procedures in which electric current is used to treat infected areas, calming the inflammatory processes and eliminate swelling.
Physiologically, under electrodes placed on the patient's body, following physiological processes occur:
- Vasodilatation (spreading of blood vessels)
- Reducing the sensitivity of receptors (reduced pain)
- Hyperaemia (redness of the skin with heat)
- It improves the exchange of fluid in the cells, the normalization of pH
- Accelerates rehabilitation and healing of the tissue
- Increases muscle contraction
- With modern and fully computerized apparatus for electrotherapy in physical medicine, precise use of therapeutic forms of currents is enabled for all diseases that respond well to this type of treatment.
In chronic diseases, postoperative condition or repair of acute injuries, electrotherapy is combined with other physical therapies like massages, laser therapy, ultrasound, kinesitherapy etc.
Electro Therapies applied in PZU Dolores:
- Galvanic Current (Straight)
- Diadynamic Currents
- Interference Currents
- D'arsonval Currents
- Classical electro stimulation